Yet another heat wave has made physiotherapy much more pleasant: I learned that I don't have to take my pants off if I don't wear much in the way of pants in the first place. This has made me around 95% more comfortable. The other 5% were taken care of by Mr. Adorable's adorable Austrian … Continue reading Ballet Is «Arg»
I haven't been able to participate in dance class in forevah. By my calculations, it's been about two months. I get upset at this occasionally, but I'm still grateful that I got to perform on stage despite the injury, so my resentment is only mild to moderate. Physiotherapy is doing a lot to distract me. … Continue reading Not The Best Place To Get A Massage
An anthill. (As Y. commented today after a combination we mixed up a lot as well as did out of sync with the music and with each other.) No squiggly, wriggly, crawly mass of bodies. Noted. That said, an anthill is actually quite an ordered place where everyone knows what they are supposed to be … Continue reading Things Your Dancing Should Not Look Like, Part 1
And finally, here's the third day of the «Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge»! See part one for the challenge rules which I broke and part two for another three of my favourite quotes. Even though I'm not what you would call a quote person, this was a fun thing to do. Please nominate yourselves if … Continue reading Three Days, Three Quotes – Day Three
Hello and welcome to day two of the «Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge». See part one here for the challenge rules as well as my paltry excuses for not actually doing it properly. Or just enjoy today's serving of quotes that have very little to do with dancing or motivation, but that I love nevertheless. … Continue reading Three Days, Three Quotes – Day Two
I have been nominated for the «Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge» by the beautiful Harriet from A Ballet of Life. I have never been nominated for anything before, so of course I'll do it! That said, I wouldn't be me if I did it properly... Here are the rules of the challenge: Thank the blogger who … Continue reading Three Days, Three Quotes – Day One
I have made my glorious return to jazz yesterday. I didn't push my hamstring too far and it return, it behaved itself. My flat back looked less than impressive, I skipped the pancake stretch entirely and didn't go full knee-yourself-in-the-face on the grands battements but that's the extent of it. My biggest problem had nothing … Continue reading Just Looking?